Hi, I’m Glen Ellis and I’m running for Mayor of Fremont, Nebraska.
Our city is made up of families, artists, hard workers, innovators, students, educators, and leaders. As Mayor, I will represent each and every one of you with the same transparency and integrity I have displayed as Ward Two’s City Council Representative. For far too long, decisions have been made by our city leaders without your voice being heard. That is not right. When I say “Here. For you.” I mean I am physically present in our community day in and day out. I am here to listen to and help each individual, and our community as a whole.
I am a resident, entrepreneur, a husband, father of five, and a 2020 mayoral candidate hoping to show you that we can make our Fremont community better.
Especially those whose voices are often missed or overlooked.
Play the long game
Change the way communities view themselves, how they govern and how they make decisions.
Focus on what matters most
Common themes that become the foundation for sound decision-making emerges from resident’s shared stories.
Vote Glen Ellis
Mayor of Fremont, 2020
- Fremont City Council – Council Member
- Business Improvement District – Board Member
- Fremont Creative Collective – Founder, Board Member
- Fremont Downtown Development Group -Founder, Board Member
- Community Heart & Soul – Promoter
- Married to my high school sweetheart, Nancy, for 34 years
- Father of five: Brock, Bradley, Brian, Amy, and Brett
- Owner of Tucker, the best dog ever
Small Business Owner
- Sycamore Education – Educational Technology
- May Brothers Building – Real Estate Developer
- Milady Coffeehouse – Downtown Coffeehouse
- 1881 Pint Room – Local Brew & Wines
- Pioneer Stage – National & Local Entertainment
- Restorative: Adept at dealing with problems and resolving them
- Developer: Recognize and cultivate the potential in others
- Futuristic: Inspired by the future and what could be
- Ideation: Fascinated by ideas
- Belief: Have core values and out of these come defined purpose
Latest City News
Meet, Greet & EatEvery Thursday in September, from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm, the Glen Ellis for Fremont Mayor campaign will be hosting an opportunity for the citizens of Fremont to come out to our local parks and get to know Glen Ellis and grab a bite to eat. Hot dogs,...
As noted in a previous post, I am not a big fan of political yard signs. I believe they can cause division between neighbors and are unattractive in general. However...Because of many requests, I now have yard signs available. Please call me at 402.512.3994 or...
With all this time at home, I finally finished one of the longest books I have ever read. “The Nyes of Fremont - An American Story” by James R Hanson. Theron Nye was born in Madison County New York. In 1857, at the age of 29, Theron made the journey to Fremont to help...
Together we the people achieve more than any single person could ever achieve alone. If you’d like to be part of something real that can make Fremont better, let’s start a conversation!